Sunday, August 26, 2007

Random thoughts on dialogue, take: 3

...so I spent a (wait for it) whole ten minutes on writing the scene that was blocking me for months. Jus' like a screenplay. I've got the beginning, end and middle, all the sensory details and what they say to each other.

*sigh*

You think I'd have thought of "how" to do it way back then. Yeah, reading the Bourne Identity helped.

Sort of like this

THEY'RE OUT ON THE BACK PORCH. RAIN IS THRUMMING DOWN. YOU CAN SMELL THE CAR EXHAUST, SEE THE KOOLAUS THROUGH THE HAZE. TRAFFIC IS WINDING DOWN AS PEOPLE GET INTO THE CITY. WORN WOODEN STAIRS, CRAPPY YARD. SOMEONE PUT IN A GARDEN, BUT IT'S NOT DOING WELL.

I mean, yeah--right. HOW long did it take me to get the scene set? I can see it now, and it was fuzzy before. I'm gonna sigh again. *sigh*

No comments: