Thursday, March 2, 2023

New Jodi Henley Workshops for 2023

 I miss workshops. There's something about the interaction that I really like. Or maybe it's just the "structure" of questions. I can't remember where I read it, but it reminds me of that old saying "You already know the answer. You  just need a question" Given a question, I can talk for hours and I usually do.(I think I freak out a lot of people who do workshops with me), but without one, I sort of stand around with my hands in my pockets feeling kind of awkward. Sort of like that time I did a psych class in college where the professor (being passive aggressive) had me do a psych eval. I remember I got a bunch of things "wrong" which lead to me creating some pretty angry usernames,  lol. The one that got me the most was "cripplingly shy" which I'm not. I usually have nothing to say because nobody wants my thumbnail analysis of their probable backstory based on their current behaviors.

It's like my cat. I love her very much, but she's a rescue cat and whenever I take the garbage out she freaks out. Over the years, I've noticed it's not rubbish, but the actual garbage bag--open, rolled, it doesn't matter. But like I told my kid, her reaction isn't fear of the bag. It's trauma. Something in her past before we got her involved trash bags, whether the teenager in her household put her in the bag because it was funny or the dad swatted her with a rolled up bag if she did something wrong, she's reacting to her backstory and I really wish we'd found her earlier.

And yeah, I told got sidetracked--so, I just wanted to say I'm going back to presenting at savvyauthors. My very first workshop was for savvy and I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with them again. No links yet, but I'll be doing practical hands on and actionable workshops for character arc in May, demystifying structure (and how to use it for your benefit) in July and Do it yourself developmental edits in October. All with tons of worksheets, gobs of actionable right then and there exercises, and a solid week of in depth help at a super reasonable cost. So if you're interested, keep an eye out, I'll post more about it soon.

Or if you're interested in in different kind of workshop, or want to make sure I cover something in depth, don't hesitate to leave a comment.

I have these tabs in gmail (who'd have known?) where all my comments for the last ten years have gone and fermented. I just found them *sigh* but now that I know where they are, I'll actually see them in the future. (fingers crossed)


No comments: