Saturday, January 12, 2008

Are geeks menacing, or can a menace be a geek?

I dunno. Maybe that's just an existential question about internal qualities and external traits. Maybe I just think "through" the focus of a writer, s'weird.

My cp, who--like all Knights, is honorable, gallant and true, is also a computer geek with nerd tendencies but looks he'd take you out body-boarding Miami Vice-style. Sometimes I think the "geek" thing is a stereotype, but stereotypes are stereotypes because they're usually dead-on.

I told him I wanted a picture of his "geek-menace" look (appropriate for compu-fiends everywhere, lol). And he sent me this.



Maybe if he added a pocket protector?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Al walked by just as this page was loading. The first thing out of his mouth was, "He looks like a writer." Ah, what does he know. He's a man. He doesn't appreciate geek menace. And no, I didn't tell him that I do.

Unknown said...

lol--I about what you said and maybe he DOES look like a writer--Hunter Thompson style, lol. Maybe I need to send Cowboy a copy of The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test...

Unknown said...

....er, "thought"--the trouble with blogging is there's no "go back in and edit" after you post..."I thought about..." :)

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Man he is so damn cute. Right. Married. I'm married.
What were we talking about?

Unknown said...

lol--cute....

Anonymous said...

I LOVED The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test! By all means, send him a copy.

ps. It's your blog. You can edit all you want. Now and then my readers MAKE me go back and fix things.

Unknown said...

...thanks, Alice. I spent some time looking over my control panels. (it was like a "duh" moment...)

Anonymous said...

LOL. That happened to me too.