Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Put one foot in front of the other...

I so want to start singing that song from Santa Claus is coming to Town. I have all the dvds--they were last years gift from Cowboy. This year he's getting me a website, and lol--we're still arguing about when and how much of it is going up.

It's been busy and I don't have much time. Christmas is coming all too soon, and I missed the mail-out deadline for my youngest son's gift. There's work, and then there's work. Christmas Eve is hard to cover. I can't be in two places at one time, and no one seems to understand--some people want me in three. My phone keeps ringing, and I'm so damned tired. I keep writing, but only when I'm working, and I can only get snippets because I get occupied, and have to put my pen down.

My daughter is depressed, my husband is depressed, my youngest son thinks I might be a grandma and it's cold. My socks have holes in them but I don't have time to go to the store for new ones. And they have to be black anyway 'cause there's a dress code.

I sure would like a nap. People keep giving me energy drinks that make me sick. I'm going to get a can of Jolt, glue it to a spatula and poke them with it. Wired out, tired and pressed for time isn't a good combination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought I had a bad day on Tuesday. I went from making cookies for my boss to being late for work to helping my daughter with two major projects due the next day to putting the kids to bed to having a blog meltdown with no breaks between. But it was only one day. The rest of my life as been normal-ish. Are you looking forward to January?