This is not a promo post, although it kind of looks like a promo post. I don't have as much time as I'd like anymore to just talk and troubleshoot, so it's sort of my equivalent of a free mini workshop (with others! Whether they think of it that way or not, I dunno. But I do, lol). When I was growing up my mom told me to eat oranges during the Lunar New Year in the hopes it'd bring me luck and tell you--I've been stuffing myself with oranges for years now. I'm not sure whether luck in excess is a good thing or a bad thing, but it's starting to spill out across my life and I'm sincerely grateful.
This randomly weird thing happened the other day when this guy named Bryan showed up in my inbox. "Come do a sale with us," he said. And I was like *blink*. I love what I do and most of the time (God, it's always those few times that don't work well that stick in your brain and not all the other times when it just sings) it's a pure pleasure to walk into a workshop and geek out. But these guys--whoa, these guys have been doing it for the backside of forever and they have muscle.
After panicking I sort of edged back into the email and said, "Sure." You can't really font words in subscript in an email, so it came out sort of confident, and we went from there. For one day (on the 28th) we're going to be doing a sale (every book for .99 cents) and manning the FB page, so people who'd like some free advice or help with a thorny problem can talk to their person of choice. You don't have to buy my book (or anybody's book), but I'd sure appreciate it if you'd stop by and say hello. Bring me the gift of a question if you have one, get an answer (because gift exchange is where it's at) and if you don't like facebook or don't have an account, just drop by my blog because I'll be online and answering questions about your wip or whatever you want to talk about from 9-4 EST (that's 6-1 PST).
No pressure, no commitment, just an offer. Maybe you can find some books you might want, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll find someone you really connect with style-wise. It's worth a shot. Lots of other people will be online too, sort of like a writing open house.
- Writing Online by Sean Platt
- How to Write for Kindle: A Non-Fiction Book in 72-Hours or Less by Nancy Hendrickson
- Writing Habit Mastery by S.J. Scott
- 77 Ways to Find New Readers for Your Self Published Book by Laura Pepper Wu
- Your First 1000 Copies by Tim Grahl
- Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson
- 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts, Volume 2 by Bryan Cohen and Jeremiah Jones
- Author Publicity Pack by Heather Hart and Shelley Hitz
- The Writer's Tune-Up Manual by Craig Hart
- Practical Emotional Structure by Jodi Henley
- The Easy Way to Write a Novel That Sells by Rob Parnell
- How Do I Decide? Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing by Rachelle Gardner
- How to Write Dialogue by Marcy Kennedy
- Fire Up Your Fiction by Jodie Renner
- Make Money Online, Volume 2 by Connie Brentford
- Writing Fight Scenes by Rayne Hall
You can find the event here.