Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not sure if that's a bad thing, or a good thing...

...so, the lunar new year started a couple of weeks ago. I ate fish until it was coming out of my ears, gorged on nian gao, sniffed (and hastily threw away) both a turnip and a taro cake, and still have a bowl full of clementines.

Maybe my heart wasn't in the right place, or I was going about it wrong or something, but I was kind of hoping for some good luck. In the last few weeks, my dryer broke down, I suffered through the plain flu, stomach flu, a head cold, and some random truck throwing a piece of gravel into my windshield.

And now I'm broke, which in a lot of ways is the cherry on my cake. I ate fish, damnit. I want a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year.

On the plus side, it's beautiful outside. The sky is blue, the flowering cherry trees are in full bloom, and the air smells like spring. I'm not a fan of Seattle, but I can appreciate it's a gorgeous place to live. And it's got frogs. Frogs are a good thing.

In another few weeks, it'll be April and I'm doing another workshop, this time at savvyauthors, spreading the gospel of organic writing.

6 comments:

Unhinged said...

Maybe you ate TOO much fish, Yodi, and should now concentrate on lower mercury doses of fish sticks and the like.

Personally, I recommend hot baths before bedtime whenever possible, your favorite scent on table next to your bed, and comfy ear plugs. Methinks your body is saying that if anyone deserves a straight 8, it's you.

:-)

Unknown said...

lol, Unhingey. You know I'm still trying to get into the "habit" of going to that other place. Probably when the quarter ends. Maybe. I need to bookmark it or something. :)

Do you know I had to cook those puppies whole? Tail, head and opaque white eyeballs. *sigh* Guess you can't eat luck.

Uhm...backing away from the bedtime ritual suggestion. Do you know that sounds like the perfect way to fall asleep??!! Back, evil woman! I need to stay UP, not fall asleep. I have things to do. And my normal case of the weekend "sickness du jour" courtesy of my line partner.

I think I just need a surgical mask.

btw, my word ver says "lightu", which probably means something deep and profound. But it's going to take me awhile to figure it out.

deanna said...

Maybe prosperity just hasn't swung into gear, yet? But I may ask to quote "Guess you can't eat luck" sometime. That's priceless. Keep hangin' in. :o)

Hailey Edwards said...

I'm not sure anything but bad luck exists.

By April, I can't promise I'll be able to do more than drool on my keyboard, but I'll be in your workshop.

I joined up and paid up today. :)

Anonymous said...

good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day........................................

Unknown said...

lol, Hailey. It's pretty much stuff you know already, but I look forward to seeing you there. :)