Friday, August 14, 2009

I have a brain--again, or rather, part of a brain. Okay, forget the whole thing..

I finished the summer quarter! Yay me. Or rather, dumb me. The year is broken into quarters, and I figured--four equal quarters. But--it's been a long time since I was in school and summer is accelerated.

Leaving for Nationals took a week out of my six and made it hard to catch up. I also broke my Excel. It took three assignments to figure out a workaround, which didn't reach my teacher. But since I've already been graded out, it's not worth the aggravation to point out I submitted two separate files, one of which she didn't see.

I got an 80. The rest of the class (a few people excepted) got 63. I'm not going to argue.

There's a month before school starts again, and so far I've collapsed, slept straight thru for nine hours, took two naps and made matzo ball soup. I have another few projects to knock out before I'm free and clear, but I have big plans for the next few weeks. Maybe a trip back to Tacoma for St. Patrick's. Or a visit to Cashmere? I've been craving some pineapple-macadamia cotlets.

But the best part--the very best part of getting out of school is having a brain, or at least "part" of a brain again. Barring zombies.

7 comments:

deanna said...

You go, woman! Ahead of the class after all that. But from what I've read it sounds like you. Sleep is good. Enjoy sleeping. And have a fun trip, too.

Alice Audrey said...

Glad to have you back in the world of the living! Barring zombies, of course.

Kaige said...

Congrats on making it through! I want to sleep, but have 5 full days before the monkeys go back to school. At least they're back on one campus again to make life easier.

Enjoy your break and may you get much accomplished!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Deanna. Looks like a trip out to Cashmere Monday morning. Fresh cotlets. :) Love cotlets with a passion.

Hi Alice. I'm glad to be back, with functioning thought patterns. And you should see function within a day or two. (maybe three, but no later)

Kaige! I hope you enjoy the end of summer. One campus is good. In the fall, me and my kids split to three separate college campuses. It's going to interesting coordinating everyone's schedule.

I hope you get a nap :)

Lauren Murphy said...

Holy cow you've got a lot going on. I'm so tempted to hug you... but I'll just settle for a pat. Yay on the time off. It's nice to be able to sit down and take a breather isn't it?

Unknown said...

Yes it is, Lauren. :)

Unhinged said...

You are keeping busy. Always in motion. Learning, doing, planning ahead, doing more than just hoping.

This is why you will succeed.

Because you know, you WILL. You WANT it, and you're working for it.

How can you NOT succeed, unless you're sideswiped by a garbage truck under orders of ... of ... the middle earth god?

Yeah, go ahead and laugh. Brat.