Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pre-conference

I totally forgot what it's like to live in the South. Although technically DC isn't really the "South", it' sort of "middle". First thing I noticed when I left the airport were the trees. For some reason people think Seattle, they think "trees". I've seen more trees here in VA than I've seen in Seattle for a long time.

Seattle doesn't like to chop them down. In the South, they grow them deliberately. There are grass, flowers--and trees. Lots and lots of trees.

DC looks like Richmond, and I've always been a sucker for Richmond.

Cowboy says he's never seen so many women in one place at the same time. I took him to the autographing and he wandered with this dazed look on his face. "Damn, there are a lot of women," he said. "And men," I said. "At least ten men, most of them wearing tweed jackets."

Of course, all the tweed jacket wearing men were erotica writers.

I took Cowboy to meet the divas in the bar, and Chi asks him, "so what do you write?"

I tried to kick him and make him say "erotica", but he was honest and told her he was a graphic artist. *big sigh* All those wasted opportunities.

You know, then he could have used the line, "So you wanna help me do some research?"

Tomorrow the conference starts, and I need to get some sleep. I haven't slept in a long time. This cross country stuff really sucks.

No comments: