Thursday, February 14, 2008

the third best holiday of the year

There are four major holidays. Today is the third most important. Or maybe the fourth. It's the day after Valentine fifty percent off candy sale. The biggie is the "day after Halloween", closely followed by the "day after Easter".

The only reason Valentine doesn't hit number two is the horrible prevalence of nasty red hearts with Elmer's candy, and generic truffles. You know something is wrong if the truffle smells like lemon and tastes like stale Philly soft spread.

Gotta sleep, I need to be up early. Target opens at eight, and we all gather round and run for the back. It's like Christmas shopping on steroids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea. Really.

Unknown said...

lol, Alice. That's what friends are for. To tell you about unknown holidays. Total score: ten bags of kit kats (.99ea) two bags of dark milk ways (1.10 ea) 5 bags of peanut butter mm's (.75 ea) and a box of fancy truffles from Harry and David. (I think it was 2.50) All told, enough chocolate to make me puke. It's a good feeling. :)

Lauren Murphy said...

Great holiday...if only I had known sooner *sigh*.

Unhinged said...

Oh, God, I couldn't do that. I have NO willpower when it comes to sweets. I've made myself sick over Oreos and Reeces cups before. So sick that it was years before I could them again.

My ex-hubby used to hide Hershey's hugs around the house for me to find when I got the chocolate itch.