Monday, February 11, 2008

State of Stasis

My book is coming out in a few weeks--about the same time I move. New directions and beginnings, just like the Chinese horoscope says for the Year of the Rat. I made a tub of gau, and ate the whole thing. My daughter hates gau, which is a Chinese pudding that tastes like sweetened chestnut paste and looks like flan. Eating it for the New Year is good luck, so I figured eating lots of it would be better, and wouldn't hurt.

My belly is gau-distended and my place is "tore-up". And...it's like I'm waiting for something to happen. I've waited so long and tried so hard to get published. The edits took forever, and as the company grows, release dates get pushed farther out. It just seems unreal.

I don't know whether to be happy or scared. I mean, c'mon, that's people. Actual, real people, buying my book. Somebody is going to fork over cash to read my stuff. I'm terrified out of my skull.

Cowboy says we need to update, and we've been trying, but he's re-doing the site in the new programming language, and got better graphics. I came up with a blurb. Not sure how it works. I might have to tweak it.

His brother was captured.
Her best friend was killed.
She's his only hope and he's her only chance.
Keegan Dalfrey has ten days to rescue his brother. And nine days to save her life.

Hot Contract. Coming soon.

...actually, I think it would make a great book trailer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a book trailer from you.

When did you say it would be?

Unknown said...

lol--book trailer? Might be awhile since I'd have to talk one of my kids into making it.

my book comes out in mid march, but you're welcome to a copy. Hit my email on your blog and send me your email (God, is that convoluted or what?) and I'll fwhap! send you one. Er, I'm almost afraid to look at it. I remember it being good before edits. And now, it's er, been editorized. *sigh*

I might just re-read it tonight and see what's up.

Jeanna said...

Seattle, great choice. All that rain. Perfect. Can't wait to get your book.

Gwen Hayes said...

That is a great blurb.
I'm very excited about the book coming out. It's just the beginning, too.

Dayna_Hart said...

me too, me too!

and the timing is good...it should be out before Babykid the Fourth, and will therefore be something to keep me occupied in the hospital :)

Yep. Terrifying, I know.

Unknown said...

lol, anyone brave enough to read my book when I have problems opening it myself--thank you

Traci Flowers said...

Jodi, your great and I know your book is going to sell like crazy! Congrats!

Unhinged said...

I am not reading the other comments so you can be sure you are getting my unbiased opinion.

1. I can't wait for the book. I already know I'm going to love it. Plus, I can't wait to shake it at other people and say I kind of know the person who wrote it.

2. I've never heard of gau before. There's a lot of haven't heard of or read before, but golly, gau took me by surprise.

3. Have your friends screen reviewers and editor's comments, because what if you come across a negative one on a day you really can't handle it? If I ever get pubbed, I'm going to designate someone to only share the positive reviews with me. I'll look at the negative reviews (to learn, if need be) when I'm in the mood to read them.

4. Updating is good. Especially now that the book is coming out.

However, I have to tell you I was a bit confused by your blurb. I like the first two lines, but the third lost me. The fourth sheds some light. The fifth mystifies me because why does he have to save HER life? (And who is HER?)

I might be totally off base, but that's what I thought when I read the blurb earlier today. Why does he have to save her life? Is the capture/murder somehow tied?